Chamberlain College of Nursing – November 2017-Current
Online Faculty – Visiting Professor & Course Re-development
NR447 Collaborative Health (leadership)
NR621 & NR622 Education Concluding Graduate Experience
NR631 & NR632 Executive Concluding Graduate Experience
NR630 Nurse Executive Practicum
NR660 MSN Capstone
*Course Evaluations: Exemplary
Maricopa Community Colleges District August 2017 – Current
Nursing Faculty – Assignments to one of 10 Colleges
(See below for individual college assignments)
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through teaching, and service to the College, community, health system and profession.
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Plans clinical, laboratory, and simulation experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self-available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical, laboratory, and simulation assignments consistent with student's knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and the College.
- Teaches didactic, laboratory, and simulation course content under supervision of course coordinator.
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student satisfaction rates.
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus policies.
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory rules and standards.
Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ January 2018 - Current
Clinical and Laboratory Adjunct Faculty
Clinical instructor for Block 1 and Block 2. Laboratory, Clinical & Didactic.
Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Gilbert, AZ July 2018 – January 2019
Didactic and Simulation Adjunct Faculty
Block 1 and Block 2.
Estrella Community College, Avondale, AZ August 2017- September 2018
Clinical, Didactic (Lab), and Simulation Adjunct Faculty
Content areas of expertise include: Med/Surg, Fundamentals, and Critical Care. Developed blood
draw activity for Block 3. Simulation Laboratory & Clinical instruction for Block 1 and Block 4.
Brookline College of Nursing, Phoenix, AZ May 2016 – July 2018
Clinical Simulation Faculty to Adjunct Faculty Fall ’17 – Simulation Lab Specialist
(Faculty Instructor Rank)
Provides creation, preparation, completion and debriefing of clinical and leadership simulation
for the following courses: Fundamentals of Nursing, Adult Health I & II, and Concept Synthesis.
Responsible to work collaborative with simulation team to evaluate learning outcomes based
on simulated scenarios. Initiated charting exercise related to narrative notes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate lab resources, including human patient simulation equipment and supplies.
- Support students and professionals to achieve clinical learning in simulated patient care environment.
- Create and implement simulated patient care scenarios aligned with course objectives; brief and de-brief of students in simulated scenarios.
- Prepare and maintain labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare setting.
- Collaborate with faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
- Assist in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the computerized simulators; operate and maintain computerized simulation equipment.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available and communicated and appropriately resourced.
- Coordinate and supervise students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives; provide individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Collaborate on ordering and maintaining inventory of all lab supplies, equipment, furniture, models, AV equipment, and laboratory manuals; recommend purchase of lab equipment and supplies; and maintain a clean, fully equipped nursing skills and simulations lab.
- Serve as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
Banner Health Registry Services, Mesa, AZ May 2017 – Current
Medical-Surgical & Telemetry Service Lines
Direct patient care; acute, chronic & long-term care facilities. Variety of acute care facilities in the greater Phoenix, AZ area.
Banner Health University Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ May 2014 –May 2017
Oncology & Telemetry Service Lines
Direct patient care. Responsible to provide compassionate care, advocate for patients and
families, and implement evidence-based care. Inter-professional collaboration with other
health care professionals providing patient care and support within the clinical environment.
Member: Recognition Committee
Member: Alternative Care Practices Committee
PI: Reducing RN Stress through Hand Massage (IRB approved EBP project) 2016
Banner Health (Desert & Good Samaritan), Phoenix, AZ May 2007 - 2014
Critical Care & Telemetry Service Lines
Responsible for gathering acute observation of cardiac monitoring and reporting of cardiac rhythm with accurate interpretation; monitoring and reporting of sepsis alert status of patients throughout medical center; and, monitoring and reporting of delirium criteria throughout medical center. Inter-professional collaboration with technologists, nursing staff and physicians. Alternate patient care companion / sitter.